Unbelieveable find in a burning pile of trash
On the cold, sunny morning of March 17, 2017, the fire company was dispatched for a trash truck fire in Buckingham Township at Coldbrook Ct. and Lexington Dr. On arriving, Battalion 19 Jim Shepard found that the driver of the truck had emptied the contents in the middle of the street, and it was smoldering. Engine 79’s crew worked to separate the pile, and after a good bit of foraging, found the still burning hunk of firewood pictured above.
Yes, someone discarded hot firewood in the trash.
Luckily no one was injured, thanks to the heads up work by the truck driver to notice the fire early.
But really? We’ve told you many times that embers and debris from a fireplace need to be discarded carefully. Placed in a metal container and doused with water thoroughly. Not in a plastic trash can. Ever.
Had that container been up against a home and left with the hot embers, it could have started a much larger fire and possibly involved the home.