On the cold, sunny morning of March 17, 2017, the fire company was dispatched for a trash truck fire in Buckingham Township at Coldbrook Ct. and Lexington Dr. On arriving, Battalion 19 Jim Shepard found that the driver of the truck had emptied the contents in the middle of the street, and it was smoldering. Engine 79’s crew worked to separate the pile, and after a good bit of foraging, found the still burning hunk of firewood pictured above.
Yes, someone discarded hot firewood in the trash.
Luckily no one was injured, thanks to the heads up work by the truck driver to notice the fire early.
But really? We’ve told you many times that embers and debris from a fireplace need to be discarded carefully. Placed in a metal container and doused with water thoroughly. Not in a plastic trash can. Ever.
Had that container been up against a home and left with the hot embers, it could have started a much larger fire and possibly involved the home.
On Tuesday December 20, 2016, Rescue 19 and Engine 19-1 were dispatched on Box 5-52, The Nut Kettle at Peddlers Village on Rt 202 in Lahaska. On arrival, Assistant Chief 5, Tom Benscoter, arrived on location and reported heavy fire showing. Rescue 19 was dispatched as the RIT team, and Engine 19-1 to the scene for manpower. Members assisted with overhaul and ventilation. There were no injuries.
The pagers went off Saturday morning, February 7, 2015 for a reported dwelling fire at Ash Mill Road and Route 202 in Buckingham Township. Doylestown was called in to assist Midway Fire Company with the reported fire. Engine 19 and Ladder 79 were dispatched to assist with firefighting and Rescue 19 was dispatched to provide RIT coverage for the firefighters working on the call. Photos from Bret Morris.
On April 15, 2014, the fire company was dispatched to Arbonite Co., 3826 Old Easton Road, Buckingham Twp., for a building fire. First arriving units reported fire and smoke from the roof, Battalion 79, Denny Loux, Jr., arrived and reported the working fire. Engine 19 and Ladder 79, along with Engines 15 and 41 and Tower 24, went to work. The structure was a small enclosure for a compressor on the exterior of a 1 story shop building on the complex. Lines were stretched to knock down the fire and cool off a 55 gallon drum. Companies went to the roof to check for extension and into the interior. The fire was placed under control in 30 minutes. There were no injuries.