The fire company was dispatched to the ChalBrit water treatment plant on Lower State Road in Doylestown Township on May 24, 2017. Engines 19, 79, Ladder 79, Rescue 19 and fire police responded. Chief 19 Sam Cramer, Jr. was in charge of operations at his former place of employment for over 20 years. There were no injuries, but alot of fire gear needed to be washed afterwards.
Box 79-41 was dispatched at 5:41 PM on May 22, 2017 for a dwelling fire at 37 Quarry Road in Doylestown Township. En route to the scene, Captain 79 Craig Lager and Chief 19 Sam Cramer, Jr. were informed by Bucks County Fire Radio that police were on scene and reporting heavy smoke from the dwelling. On arrival, a working fire was transmitted, with the possibility of 1 occupant trapped but not located. Initially companies were in service searching for a victim, but after 20 minutes, the occupant walked up to the fireground, unhurt. Fire was knocked down quickly, but due to interior conditions overhaul was extensive and slow. There were no injuries. Thanks to all the companies who responded or covered, including Warrington, Hartsville, Chalfont, Plumsteadville, Midway, Warwick, Warminster Fire and Horsham covering Station 29. Also thanks to Warrington Community and Central Bucks Ambulance for rehab services on scene, and Doylestown Township and Central Bucks Regional Police Departments. The fire was placed under control at 6:11 PM, and companies cleared the scene at 8:22 PM.
On Tuesday December 20, 2016, Rescue 19 and Engine 19-1 were dispatched on Box 5-52, The Nut Kettle at Peddlers Village on Rt 202 in Lahaska. On arrival, Assistant Chief 5, Tom Benscoter, arrived on location and reported heavy fire showing. Rescue 19 was dispatched as the RIT team, and Engine 19-1 to the scene for manpower. Members assisted with overhaul and ventilation. There were no injuries.
By now everyone knows winter is coming. Or here. And winter storm Jonas (not the singing brothers) is near, bringing blizzard watches and packed supermarkets.
We want everyone to be safe, first and foremost. Make sure you have supplies, flashlights, blankets and batteries ready. If you use a generator when the power is out, PLEASE make sure it runs away from the home, and is not inside the structure. Make sure fireplace flues are clear and clean. Listen to official emergency information, and heed the warnings. If the storm does materialize as predicted, please stay inside and only drive if absolutely necessary.
If you’re the hearty type, in good shape and out shoveling, we ask one favor- take care of your local hydrants. The more visible and accessible, the faster we can get to the water in an emergency. If we can’t see it, or if we have to shovel around it to access it, that’s precious seconds lost allowing a fire to grow.