The volunteer members of the fire company responded to a few “almosts” last week. “Almosts”, as in an incident that was almost much worse. With that in mind, and the knowledge that thankfully no one was seriously injured, we offer the following-
1- When cooking, don’t leave anything over heat unattended. We’ve had a string of kitchen incidents where unattended contents caught fire.
2- If a pot suddenly flashes and fire erupts, cover it with a fireproof lid. Don’t try to extinguish it if you can smother it.
3- Don’t attempt to move the pot.
4- Get everyone out and call 911.
5- Don’t attempt to fight the fire yourself. We are trained, equipped and ready. Our main concern is your safety.
6- Smoke detectors on every floor and every bedroom. They save lives.
We have many more of these. Got a question- please ask! If we can’t answer, we’ll get you to someone who can.
Box 79-41 was dispatched at 5:41 PM on May 22, 2017 for a dwelling fire at 37 Quarry Road in Doylestown Township. En route to the scene, Captain 79 Craig Lager and Chief 19 Sam Cramer, Jr. were informed by Bucks County Fire Radio that police were on scene and reporting heavy smoke from the dwelling. On arrival, a working fire was transmitted, with the possibility of 1 occupant trapped but not located. Initially companies were in service searching for a victim, but after 20 minutes, the occupant walked up to the fireground, unhurt. Fire was knocked down quickly, but due to interior conditions overhaul was extensive and slow. There were no injuries. Thanks to all the companies who responded or covered, including Warrington, Hartsville, Chalfont, Plumsteadville, Midway, Warwick, Warminster Fire and Horsham covering Station 29. Also thanks to Warrington Community and Central Bucks Ambulance for rehab services on scene, and Doylestown Township and Central Bucks Regional Police Departments. The fire was placed under control at 6:11 PM, and companies cleared the scene at 8:22 PM.