The volunteer members of the fire company responded to a few “almosts” last week. “Almosts”, as in an incident that was almost much worse. With that in mind, and the knowledge that thankfully no one was seriously injured, we offer the following-
1- When cooking, don’t leave anything over heat unattended. We’ve had a string of kitchen incidents where unattended contents caught fire.
2- If a pot suddenly flashes and fire erupts, cover it with a fireproof lid. Don’t try to extinguish it if you can smother it.
3- Don’t attempt to move the pot.
4- Get everyone out and call 911.
5- Don’t attempt to fight the fire yourself. We are trained, equipped and ready. Our main concern is your safety.
6- Smoke detectors on every floor and every bedroom. They save lives.
We have many more of these. Got a question- please ask! If we can’t answer, we’ll get you to someone who can.
Because we care, about you.